Which Background Check Service is Better?
Background checks, like Instant Checkmate are important part of doing business, and for finding out which people you should, or shouldn’t allow into your home. Every day, you interact with a great number of people, which varies depending on your job and your interest. There is a roughly 20% chance of interacting with someone that has a criminal history in the past. If you then factor in the amount of people who may make misleading statements, it becomes obvious that the need to know the truth is often higher than you would otherwise expect.
- If you want to know more about your doctor, services like Instant Checkmate review can tell you more about their work history.
- For hiring caretakers and babysitters, you absolutely need to know if there is a criminal background, or any history of abuse before you make an informed decision.
- Employers need to know that the people they are hiring are who they say they are, and that they have the skills that they say they do.
- Potential romantic partners should also be reviewed, if you plan on taking a relationship to the next level.
For these reasons and many more, you need a background check tool that can do the job that says it will. That’s where these services, and their reviews, come into play.
What the Reviews Say
If you browse some of the Intelius reviews that are currently easy to find through searches on Google, the first thing that you will notice is that there are a lot of complaints. That’s what makes reviews so important: They help you to understand why you should, or shouldn’t, purchase a software license or a subscription based on the experiences of others. When reviews says that it doesn’t do the job, that’s a sign that you should look elsewhere.
Likewise, Instant Checkmate Reviews are largely positive, specifically when it comes to the accuracy of background reports, and in the amount of data that the service takes its reports from. Those pools are good for covering any gaps or blind spots that other background checkers can be vulnerable to.
Why Your Choice of Service Matters
Aside from the costs involved, your background checker can do a lot to help or hinder your ability to find the truth, including:
- Geographically accurate data: If someone says that they performed a certain job or went to school in a state, and it turns out that they never even lived there, then that is already a telling fact about how honest they are. Geographic information can also tell you whenever someone states that they are “licensed” or “registered” as a professional in another part of the country.
- Credential information: As stated above, there are a lot of questionable claims floating around in any given profession about where individuals may have gone to school or trained, as well as what they may be licensed or trained in. Again, background checkers like Instant Checkmate can provide very accurate information and analysis on those facts, along with profile information that you’ll need to know.
- Costs: It goes without saying, but some services not only cost more than others, but also deliver less. Some of the more questionable checking services will even sign you up for a subscription, although you’ve been led to believe that you are engaged in a one time, low cost trial. Be careful, and pay attention to any terms and conditions on trials like this, or you would end up paying far more than you intended.
How To Tell Which Background Checks Work
- Look for information on yourself. This is the easiest way to tell just how accurate a background checking service will be. Some Intelius reviews say that they have accuracy, but reviews have also stated up front that whenever users look up themselves, they’d get questionable reports. If you can’t trust a checker to be accurate about all of the information you personally know for a fact, how could you ever trust it about someone else?
- Read reviews carefully. There are a lot of paid reviews out there, and a lot of marketing that masquerades as being consumer opinion, but you’ll also find that there are a lot of honest reviews from consumers that want to talk about their experiences with a service. Remember, also, that most reviews are going to be negative. Satisfied customers are less likely to leave positive reviews when compared to dissatisfied customers and negative feedback.
- Try it with friends and family, and then check with them to see that the information is accurate. Of course, you should ask them before you do this, just as a matter of courtesy, but this can tell you more about how accurate the checker is on a broader scale. The more people that you can test through this method, the better of an idea you’ll have about whether or not services like Instant Checkmate actually do what they say they can.
Which Service is Better For Your Needs?
Ultimately, it’s a question of which services you personally need the most. If you’re looking for a service that can provide you with more information from criminal databases, because you’re working in a field where that can be extremely sensitive, then you should find a background checking service that has the widest scope of information from criminal databases, including accurate criminal records and reports by county. That’s also true if you’re looking for information on someone who works with your children, or if you just want to know more about a potential romantic partner before you make any big life or financial commitments.
How Businesses Can Use Instant Checkmate
Businesses can also greatly benefit from using background checkers as a faster way to gather and organize information on potential new hires or business partners: Again, it’s this particular service that actually wins out over its competitor in this category, as accurate information is what you need to make an informed decision. If you’re too busy being concerned with whether or not the details are at all true, then you’re making more work for yourself, and you’re not getting your money’s worth.
At the End of the Day
When you compare both of these services, side by side, you’ll see that Instant Checkmate wins out over the competition in this line up. Of the two, this service gives you the best performance for the amount of money that’s involved, along with clear terms on what you get for your fees. Other background checkers may not be quite as honest, and in fact, may even say that they will deliver on one front, and then fail, and proceed to ignore customer service requests and questions.
If you want to see it for yourself, it’s fairly easy to compare reviews of both services. You will find that there are a lot of reasons to give the above mentioned service a try, and to avoid wasting your time, and your money, with background checkers that themselves are questionable in the claims that they make.